1. Urge elected officials to enact support Governor Murphy's common-sense gun legislation ("Gun Safety Package 3.0").
These bills would:
Mandate safe storage of guns.
Ensure that those seeking to buy a gun are actually trained in safe gun handling.
Give police tools to better track the paths of firearms used to commit crimes.
Prohibit the sale of weapons so powerful that they can bring down helicopters.
Allow us to hold the gun industry liable for the carnage it has enabled.
Contacts: 1) Senator Jon Bramnick: (908) 232-2073 2) Assemblywoman Nancy Munoz: (908) 918-0414 3) Assemblywoman Michele Matsikoudis: (908) 232-3673
2. Urge NJ leadership to put these bills up for a vote, so the people of New Jersey can see where every legislator stands on these commonsense measures.
Contacts: 1) Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin: (732) 855-7441
2) Senate President Nick Scutari: (908) 587-0404
3. Tell the Senate to Cancel Recess & Pass Gun Reforms Now (sign petition) Contacts:
1) Majority Leader Chuck Schumer: (202) 224-6542 2) Minority Leader Mitch McConnell: (202) 224-2541
4. Commit to volunteering for Gun Sense Champion, Congressman Tom Malinowski's re-election campaign against NRA A+ rated Tom Kean.